As a manager, you are able to add new skills. You can do this using the Skills Manager, which helps you manage the entire skill inventory of your company. You can add new skill subareas, skill groups, and skills to pre-existing skill areas, or create a new area of skills.
Please note, the hierarchy of skills is as follows:
- Skill area, e.g. Soft Skills
- Skill subarea, e.g. Creativity
- Skill group, e.g. Creative tools
- Skill, e.g. Implementation
Adding a skill to a pre-existing skill group
- In Skills Manager search the area of interest and narrow down the subarea to which you wish to add a skill.
- Find the relevant skill group and unfold it.
- When the skill group is unfolded, to add a new skill, simply click on the + Add skill button, below the list of skills.
- In the pop-up, fill in the necessary details. If required, you can change the location of your skill, under Location. Under Relations, you can link the skill to other skills in the inventory.
- Select Save skill when you’re done.
Creating a new skill subarea or skill group
In order to create a new skill subarea, simply select the ‘+ Add skill subarea’ button, below the other subareas in a chosen area. Enter the name of your new skill subarea and confirm by clicking Save. You may change the name by hovering over the new subarea and selecting the Edit option.
To add a new skill group, start by choosing and unfolding the skill subarea. Select the ‘+ Add skill group’ button, below the other skill groups. Enter the name of your new skill group and confirm by clicking Save. You may change the name by hovering over the new group and selecting the Edit option.
Add skills to the group by following the process under Adding a skill to a pre-existing skill group.