For the best skill management, all skills must be categorized and follow the structure rules:
- No redundancy - one entity in the whole skill inventory
- Skills are placed in the lowest structure level, which is skill groups (read more about structure)
- Skills are in groups; groups are in domains, domains are in categories, categories are top-level structures
Definition of skill:
- Name - should be unique and follow general naming conventions
- Description - should be short and descriptive
- Location - skill should be categorized in a way that other peers could easily find (If the skill could fall in many categories, the most common should be chosen)
- Type of scale (can be default gradation scale or custom, read more about the advanced type of scales)
- Relations with other skills (a skill dependent on or is a prerequisite for other skills)
Adding a skill
Go to the skill manager page and add the skill to an existing structure.
Click on the add skill button and fill in the necessary fields.
Or create a new structure.
Depending on the needs “Add group of skills”, or domain or category. By clicking on the appropriate button within the existing structure.